Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, June 25, 2009

What we have been up to lately



with so much happening with Allan recording his latest cds and trying to get everything organised to send it over to Victoria to be put on to cds It is all very exciting.
He is back teaching at the school again as well, he gets so bogged down with class prep stuff he gets very tired and the count down to the next lot of holidays has started again.

Buying the platen and trying to find somewhere to put it so I can work on it and just trying to find time to print on the Adana, cut new lino prints to use as decorative blocks and look after miss ruby and do just general house wifie stuff I haven't had much chance to relax.
It has been good for us though, I think we have both found the person to get us moving creatively and that gives us the support and encouragement we both needed to keep us going and stop us from feeling down sometimes about how life can be.
We found each other and although I can't speak for Allan, I know I have found someone so very special and I have never been happy in my life!

1 comment:

  1. So lovely you have a soulmate. Relationships are what make life worthwhile :)

    pssssst...
    ...let us know what today is inspiring to you and are you imagining something...? -- in my latest blog post here:
    http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/2009/06/so-much-imagination-so-little-time.html




    Yay, thanks!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)