Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

our tiny caravan in print

I would like you all to meet my tiny Caravan that we have named her teeny as she stretched a massive 12ft, she is so cute that I wanted to share her with everyone so I have carved her out of lino and printed her on greeting cards.
Each one has been printed on 100 % cotton rag paper and was then hand coloured with Windsor and Newton water colours, these can be either given to a friend
or kept for yourself and put in a frame.
These cards will be available from my etsy store as of this week and at Salamanca Market this weekend.


my workspace today



Today was also a day for finishing and packaging up orders and getting things sorted out for this weekends Salamanca Market these packs below are drink coasters in pack of 8 in each pack there are 2 of each colour



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)