Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, June 26, 2011

The big reveal

Some of you may know that I have been playing with printing on calico fabric and you probably know I am not a sewer so when I finished printing my first fabric I began thinking of way to show case what can actually be made with my design, I decided top put a call out to anyone on Facebook that:

1)could sew to safe themselves
2)wanted to get their hands on some of my new fabric to play with
3) agree to send me photo of what they had made with the fabric


Well the photos have started coming in and to my delight these clever women have made some beautiful creation with the fabric I sent to them and so quick as well
I wanted to share them with everyone and I hope you all click on the link and take a look at what else these creative marvel get up to.


Julie of Tractor girl with this lovely little tote bagTractorgirl

Anna of King Billy with her fabulous cushions
King Billy

Michelle walker of Belly Designs has made this lovely cluck and credit card holderMichelle Walker Designs


last but not least Tess of bou- bi girl clothing she made this stunning little skirt for Ruby

Bou-bi girl designs

I want to thanks these amazing and generous women for helping me out so kindly and showing me what can be made with my humble little piece of fabrics.
Please do your self a favour and go check out their Facebook pages and follow their links there to their online stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)