Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, January 6, 2012

newly listed on Etsy for the first time

I thought I would get back into the swing of things by listing some new items on etsy .

glass covered wearable art linocut print brooch
 I actually made these brooches a little while ago but never got round to listing them in any of my shops so I thought it was about time
The images that are on the brooches are parts of my other linocut prints that didn't quite work out the way I had planned for instance a smudge of the paper or a fingerprint or just a not perfect print that other parts of the print were perfect so instead of wasting all the paper I thought I would up cycle them into something else a vwalla original art brooches!
This is one of my favorites
back and front view of linocut brooches

As well as my brooches My Apricot jam labels have finally made an appearance on Etsy as well I am not sure how these will be receive but I like them and thought somebody else might like them too if they are popular I will think about making some more with different images like raspberries and  strawberries and stuff like that :)

If you are interested in any of these items please follow the link to my etsy store where you will find these and many other handprinted letterpress & linocut items 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)