Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

tip shopping and gardening





felt like utter crap this morning still down and everything is irritating me,I tried to sit and draw this morning but wasn't working out, Allan was down stairs belting out Beethoven on the piano and it sounded unbearably loud I had to go upstairs and close the door,then someone started a whipper snipper up aaaaaaaaaaaargh !!! I could feel myself getting more and more tired, I had to get away from all the noise so when Allan had finished we went out for a look at the tip shop in the next town we picked up two deck chairs that I have been searching for, for ages, got them for $5 each and a bed base on casters with pull out drawers underneath for $10 .We then went for our ritual cappacino Ruby had her usual "rubycino" felt a little better when we got home walked in and the smell of chicken stock Allan was cooking filled the air, I love living with a chef !!
Ruby and I watered the garden ,well our little herb garden we planted for Allan cos he loves having fresh herbs in his cooking, the plants just seem to be exploding its great it makes me feel like less of a failure when I see something I have done grow! anyway ruby and I water the garden together every day it is another of our little rituals we have and she loves it I guess it makes her feel special too. I would really like to be able to make our little court yard a haven full of flowers,somewhere i can hide and relax with my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)