Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, February 19, 2009

new prints






thought I would load some new photos of my latest prints hot off the presses.
I am in the middle editioning some blocks and needed to have a break my fingers are getting numb lol
I am really excited about the one I call "my mothers love",thought of the title when I was printing it, I have decided that my best prints are the ones that are deeply personal but usually very painful for me to look at and remember how I was feeling and what had made me draw what I did I have one other print that sticks out in my mind that is the same I will post it when I find it again.
I still think my drawings and prints a miles better now than they ever where and I am happy with nearly all the work I have been producing lately, it might be due to the fact that I am personally in a wonderful place right now !!

1 comment:

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)