Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Message/calling cards

I have been busy today getting things ready for the Blackmans Bay market on the 6th of June. It has been a bit tough still not having the press from England I was hoping to have alot more letterpress printing done by now ,but I have been able to do all my printing at the tafe but there is only a couple of days a week that I can go in and do anything .
The press should be here sometime this week with any luck and I will be able to finally get set up and stuck into it and it also means that I will be able to take the press with me to the market to do demos so people can see what a letterpress printing machine is and how it works !

Hopefully to help them to decided to want to buy something letterpress printed

1 comment:

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)