Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, November 19, 2009

My poor little machine
























This gorgeous little machine has really coped a floggin the last couple of months and It doesn't look like it is going to get a rest just yet.
This Christmas season is becoming a bit of an eye opener for me, I wasn't expecting to be as busy as I have been the faster I print the faster it is all walking out the door . I received a call from Essie at Love & clutter this afternoon requesting more of my flora coaster tags, apparently they have just flown out the door after only a day in the store and they need more already ... just incredible !
So as you can see I seriously need a new home for my workshop so that I can finally get Adana's big brother up and running.
If anyone reading this knows anyone that has a place local, that would be happy for me to set up a small letterpress printing studio in PLEASE call me at let me know
It is getting desperate now that I also have a lead casting macine on its way here from Queensland

12 comments:

  1. That is awesome news for you though! Busy is great! No wonder the Flora Note cards are trucking out - I love them... I think I'm going to have to invest in some :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Sophie I think you're going to have to invest too !! hehe hope you are well sophie and hope you have a great weekend at niche, wish I was going to be there but I will have to wait till next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is exhilerating to be so busy – frantic, but exhilerating! Congratulations on you success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see your press Narelle. You have achieved the integration of the old & the new to a high standard. Love your aesthetics too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jo
    wow what a surprise I didn't know you had a blogspot, thanks for the compliments, will catch up with you soon
    love to you and den xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome to see locals making good! Congrats on going from strength to strength!
    Think I'll be ordering more soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Annie. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Narelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am a little slow at catching on to all the talent in tassie. I am from beaconsfield and have seen your products a thousand times, but I always thought you were American!! weird I know.
    Your work is amazing and you should be very, very chuffed with yourself. I am going to The vintage Rose to get some of your cards for my overseas relatives...gorgeous!
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Ness
    that is so funny I am so Tasmanian it is ridiculous, I am not sure what I actually mean by that but anyway.
    If you didn't want to travel into Launceston to The Vintage rose I am happy to post directly to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have a real lovely blog . and works here !!

    see you Ruby .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ruby - thanks for being my first ever Follower! I had a BIG smile on my face all afternoon when I saw that!
    I just love the Merry Christmas tags and am going to give you a shout-out in the next few days,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Christie I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)