Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Monday, November 9, 2009

new prints





hi all just a little post to show what I have been up to the last couple of days.
more new stockists to report and just working way trying to get stock up and ready for the market at the end of Nov. and mid December and creating a few new little things to add to my market stock as well as some custom gift tags for The Vintage Rose in Launceston.
I am really excited about the new stuff I have been printing, the design is carved out of lino then printed using the adana letterpress on to consumer recycled cardboard, they really are lovely to write on and don't necessarily have to be for Christmas I am thinking of printing these in all sorts of beautiful colours

The big super dooper news thought is that I have just purchased a Ludlow type casting machine and the letter matrix cabinets full of type moulds off a guy in Queensland.this means that I am able to make my own lines of type using this machine, I will share photos of this once I have some

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Luisa
    its been a while since seeing you ,hope you and your family are all well.
    narelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking great (again!). Love the red ink and the 'snowflake' pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)