Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, November 13, 2009

Red Bamboo candles





I got the best package delivered today, A box of 6 Red Bamboo scented candles and they are simply divine. Seriously I have been carting the vanilla candle around with me all day smelling in the sweet scent and every now and then hold the candle to my nose and breathing it in, the smell is sooooooooooooo yummy!
makes me want to go buy a vanilla hot chocolate from Anvers House of Chocolate! but that is a whole other story in itself drool!
Annie contacted me a little while back about having a swap, some of her candles for some of my Christmas goodies , I can't help but feel she got a bit of a raw deal though as these are as I keep saying divine.
I got the sandalwood for Allan as that is his favourite, the vanilla for me and the magnolia for my mum but I am going to keep the one with the little lid thought cos it is way too cute to give away even to my mother ..sorry mum!
Please go and have a look at Annie's blog and buy some of her goodies you will find she make alot more than just candles, you can also catch her at the Civic Homespun Market in Launceston and the upcoming Niche Market at the end of November just google the two market to find out where and when ! Annie's blog is here ------> http://redbamboohandmadethings.blogspot.com/
Now I am off to go smell my new candles! Vanilla of course!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome write up Narelle!! Really appreicate it. Will reciprocate when I get myself more organised. Thrilled you like them so much - I think they are pretty sweet myself!! Let me know when you want a refill!!!
    (nice use of your cards in the pictures by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get your things in the mail yet ? I hope so !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)