Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Handmade Nation


Yup I went and bought a copy as I didn't get to see it when they had a little viewing get together at the local salamanca art centre a little while back and I just figure that if I didn't just buy it there would be a pretty good chance that I would never get to see it .
Maybe if there are another other local artists and crafters that haven't seen it and would like to ,we could have another little viewing get together and nibbles at my place and I have to tell you Allan is a chef and make the yummiest finger food. let me know what you think and we can maybe get some number and just do it !! I think it will be fun to get to know people away from the meltdown environment of the markets .

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I've also been wanting see this film. handmade& food...what more could a girl ask for?

    Also, thanks for the link to the cardboard site. I've made my first purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to hear Rosie ,Sera Is lovely to deal with and very helpful.
    ok I guess how will I go about organising the handmade and food afternoon/evening any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to see this, saw it mentioned on so many blogs. Food sounds pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok well how about we just collect a few interested people and we will organise a date for after Christmas or is that waiting to long ?
    if you interested leave a message and I will be in contact

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd LOVE to watch it too.
    After Xmas would be best - so busy at the moment. Just don't watch it beforehand (or is it too late)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok well lets make it after Christmas.
    I will post an invitation on here and then everyone can leave a comment letting me know who is coming, I think it will make it a Sunday arvo maybe the third weekend in January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Jules
    it is Julie Hoddy right? Just cant tell from the photo and if you aren't then hello to the new Jules and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I come too please?
    I can bring food!
    Great idea, although I know nothing about this book....bad, bad!
    After Xmas definitely for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woohoo! grace you are very welcome to come along and only bring something if you really want to other wise Allan Is happy to feed up the love !! I haven't watched the DVD yet and its going to be tough to stop from watching it but I will stop myself as I am super intrigued !

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is the first i have heard of this book too...but it all sounds so intriquing...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yipee another in, hope you are well luisa I haven't seen you for a while !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)