Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Saturday, November 21, 2009

Handmade Hobart is coming!!!!!


There is a new market on the block and Ruby Victoria letterpress & printmaking are going to be there with a whole heap of other creative, wonderful people that work hard to bring you the best there is to offer in handmade.

The list of stall holders is rather impressive really and it will be well worth the effort in coming along and saying hello and maybe even buy some Christmas gifts for yourself and your loved ones.
So I hope to see you there and please come say hello and have a look at the little letterpress machine in action if I haven't met you before and you have only just found my blog.

7 comments:

  1. thank you Sophie , I have been working like a mad woman trying to get my stock replenished I think I might be making a little bit of progress I have conned my husband into being a printers offsider,he is letting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do really well. The markets sounds great. I might see if I can manage a road trip down there.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you Narelle, for a catch up if we get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be lovely to see everyone ,Itfeels like it has been a long time between markets.
    It will be lovely to meet you Ness if you can make it down !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the plug! We're getting excited, and just a touch nervous, but mainly looking forward to meeting everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will also be facebook and twittering till people feel compelled to go see what the market is all about !! resistance in futile !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)