Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Monday, November 23, 2009

Wimble & Co. lead cutter






Today my big heavy Wimble & C0. lead cutter arrived by courier I knew it was going to be bigger than the one I have but I wasn't expecting the handle of the Wimble to be as big as the entire Adana lead cutter hehe ! It makes the Adana cutter look king of sweet really
Another plus was pack with the cutter was this beautiful Wimble & Co ink specmin book showing the rang of ink that were available .
The guy that I bought them from was telling me that he bought them at auction here in Tassie, so I have bought them back home from the mainland

7 comments:

  1. It all looks terribly impressive (I've no idea what it does though!). Love the specimen book too.
    BTW, your little package will be in the mail tomorrow (Tues).
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found out why I couldn't leave comments - only works in Internet Explorer. Well, well, well! Thanks for confirmation that I was doing the right thing. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love one day to use these beautys for just one work !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Fernandes, you may just get to as there are letterpress studios popping up all over the place again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Narelle, Thanks for the comment on my Blog - would love to meet you when you come to Launceston - pop in and see me when you do! Thanks Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)