Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, November 29, 2009

what a weekend!! Handmade Hobart a success




Well I have to say I have had the best weekend at the inaugural Handmade Market at St peters Hall in Hobart.
Even thought the weather was shocking the good people of Hobart and from all over still braved the weather and still came in their droves to see what local crafters / makers and artists had to offer for sale
So many wonderful visitor to talk to and share our loves of what we do with .
I Have to say this new market has just the most wonderful friendly atmosphere the table set up were wonderful with lots of room to move from one stall to the next .
Stall holders we all happy and friendly and from what I could see where all very happy they had supported this lovely new market.
I hope you all enjoy the photos and feel that you would like to visit when the next market will be held in January.



















<--------- Oh yeah and this is Rosie (notion) haha told you I would I would post this photo! I have a feeling I might be gotten back for this thought lol Thanks for being a very entertaining neighbour stall holder Rosie I look forward to seeing you and all the other people at the next market.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being so friendly when I said hello!

    I have come home so inspired to create!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome sally I hope to be back at the next Handmade market in January, I might see you there then

    ReplyDelete
  3. It look like it was great. Did any one brought in lunch for you?
    You might have been hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a grat market, such a friendly vibe. Nice to see you again, hope the back is a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you LuLu
    Yes Marita it was a very enjoyable weekend, I will definitely be reapplying in the future, oh and if you would like some Eat Pudding tags I will print some more for you and bring them to the next couple of markets in case you come along for a look!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)