Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Monday, September 7, 2009

The Market No. 6 rundown



Well here we are the beginning of another week, hopefully this week will be a little less hectic than last week with markets, birthdays, visitor from the north west coast and sickness.

We attended The Market once again yesterday at the sandy bay road Masonic Lodge and had a wonderful day.
some familiar faces from the beach market and some from the past market at the lodge all smiling and happy to see us there.
It always amazes me how many people I have met during these markets, that have had a background in the printing industry.
I had a lady who use to work with the big letterpress newspaper presses when she was young , an old guy that was an industrial screen printer and another guy that was still working as a commercial printer. but the highlight of yesterday was a lady that came up for a talk and told me she had some wooden type if I would like it, she said she had bought it in victoria with a type case and the type was just chucked in and it was just a couple of pieces not worth much to her so I went to visit her today and she gave me the lovely type and a lovely bunch of banksias from her huge garden and I gave her a choice of any of my prints to say thank you , she chose a little blue teapot.

Thank you so much Robyn for your generosity and kindness and I will be back to photograph your garden very soon.

Another unrelated high light of yesterday was I finally bought myself a lovely Handbag from the very talented Sashiko this is her web address check her out www.sashikodesign.com I found it really hard to chose which design to go with I wanted to take them all home. So durable and practical.

All in all we had a great day lots of sales and interest in my linocuts and and requests for custom orders and requests to hold workshops and even a possible residency at Regional arts Tasmania.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day overall! Love the photo of the print with the banksias...and I really like your bag...I love dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)