Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, January 8, 2010

I love Good news and Suprises!


I received the most wonderful convo on etsy yesterday it was from a lady who is putting a book together for Rockport Publishers in New York City no less! , entitled 1,000 More Greetings.

She found me while looking through all the thousands etsy stores and contacted me to put in a submission pronto if I wanted to be part of the book as the closing dated was NOW !

The book looks to be a very swish publication and a seriously great reference book for paper artist of any kind this one will be from what I can see the 3rd issue of this type, go check them out here Amazon.com: 1,000 Handmade Greetings: Creative Cards and Clever Correspondence (9781592534739): Laura McFadden, Deborah Baskin: Books definitely worth a look.
The books will include everything from cards to invitations to posters and announcements from designed and makers from all over the world .

I am positively thrilled to be asked to contribute.

9 comments:

  1. that's so exciting! you must be stoked

    ReplyDelete
  2. stocked Isis! 2 publications in 1 year I can't quite believe it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Narelle, sounds like you've got an exciting year coming up. Would love to do a workshop when you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful Marita I am looking forward to holding workshops on all kinds of printing not just letterpress I will keep everyone posted on here as it all unfolds, yes it is getting more and more so and we aren't through the first month yet !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! How exciting! Hope it all goes ahead for you and hope that you are having some luck finding your studio space to expand into as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again! Thanks for your comment on my last blog posting - I'd love to get together too! Will have to organise something soon. Are you doing another Homespun Market at any stage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Annie
    I don't see it happening any time soon as we have got big plans happening here at the moment and it really is consuming all of my time and energy . but it would be lovely to do another market there at sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Narelle, that's fantastic news.
    You deserve all the praise & interest you get, your work is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)