Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Christmas Mid - year

I had a funny feeling this year was going to be a little crazy with market and related things!
It has come about that there will be two Christmas market mid year one in July at the Handmade Hobart Market which I know I will be at and the other in August at the Barn market on the Eastern Shore which i dont know if I will be at yet but would be like to be at as it will all be outside with beautfiful fairey lights christmas trees and gazebos circled around the courtyard i think it will look rather lovely.
So this week has been a busy one trying to get all the custom work finished so that I can get started making some new stock for these 2 markets as well as the upcoming Salamanca Market this weekend.
I recieved my 2 newest lots of type this week which is very exciting I love finding and collect old type and these new ones will be great for Christmas stationery and wedding invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)