Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Monday, June 28, 2010

My Rainy Days entry




so here it is my entry for the upcoming Rainy Days Exhibition at cube Art & design now situtated in their lovely little gallery at Salamanca .
the idea behind the show is to give each artist a small square canvas to work on and they can just go for it, any medium and theme the artist wants completely open slather .
This exhibition gives me a chance to show one of my more personal pieces that I haven't showed before as it is quite a bit different in theme to what people have seen so far from me, so it is going to be nice to see the reaction to the change.
This exhibition was a huge success last year with enteries not just from Tassie but from mainland Australia as well and this year promises to be even bigger with little canvas running out the door, poor Jemima is having a hard time keeping up with the demand ...Bless her !!
Opening Night is 14th July and the exhibition will run threw till
27th July so get down to Cube and get yourself a fantastic piece of affordable art .

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be an exciting show and your piece looks really interesting, hope I get to see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am looking forward to see it too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)