Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, March 13, 2009

op shopping


went looking for bits and pieces for my painting class next week at all the tips shops and vinnies yesterday ,nearly have everything was just looking for a big pallet to mix paint on found a nice big glass cabinet door for a buck and I found ruby a cute little bag for 20 cents and a couple of mug trees to hang my little cards on if I ever get my act together and organise a market stall anywhere.
Went to fig today to give them their receipt for the cards they bought and the owner offered their walls to me to display my prints for sale any time, this is great i have work all over Hobart now.today Hobart, tomorrow the WORLD !!!!! I am just kidding, anyone that knows me with know I am to skittish to attempt world domination !
anyway here are some photos of my Ruby with her new bag doesn't she look cute in her new wammies I got at Coles for 7 bucks !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)