Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PAINTING CLASS

Started a painting class yesterday with Elizabeth barshim(will check the spelling ) I will post a link to her site here when I find it !
All the usual types of people there I am not going to comment let just say I was the youngest there lol .
Elizabeth is a lovely lady she reminds me alot of my grandmother that passed away wow over 20 years ago, she looks very similar and has the same manner as my nan.
We didn't do any painting this week just some simple exercises with colour and we will get into it a bit next week I left there wanting to go home and get stuck into painting but I am going to resist the urge.
I went around this morning delivering cards that people had ordered they all paid cash which was good and a florist in town took the ones she ordered and the sample ones i just took in to see if she would be interested in . this paid for my supplies for next weeks painting class so i am pretty happy about that, i will have to see if i can keep this up.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Glad to hear you're cards are selling well. Have fun with the painting :-)
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops - that should be "your" cards are selling well.
    K xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)