Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Market



Well we had a fantastic day at the market on sunday it turned out far better than I could have imagined.
The masonic Hall was packed for most of the day and from what I could see everyone that had a stall was kept very busy.
I was kept so busy all day that I didnt get to take any photos or even get to see what else was there for sale but believe me I am not complaining.
We got such a fantastic response, teachers wanting me to do workshops at their schools, people from interstate giving me names of contacts to call and show my stuff to, locals wanting to have business cards with a difference printed, I even had a Hari christianer ask me for printing to be done !!
You just never know who you are going to come in contact with at markets I just love them.

I think the nicest things of the day was the interest from locals that were asking if I would be back there next market but I guess it is up to the organisers and space availability I may be too late this time around.
Another high light of the day was the group of ladys from Melbourne that loved my work and bought alot of stuff to take back with them,their enthusiasm was very reassuring. If you read this, Thank you so much you really made my day !!
All in all It was a great day lovely people, lovely venue and a fantastic place to sell you handmade items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)