Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, August 28, 2009

new stuff



I have been a busy little beaver the last week completing some new stuff for the coming markets and to stick in my etsy store .
I am really happy how the little note books turned out they fold out like the old matchbook's use to. to make them is a bit fiddly with all the creasing involved and me being me the creasing has to be sharp and perfect, I really am my own worst enemy most of the time but I am happy with how they turned out

The recipe cards are a bit of an experiment, not sure if people actually share recipes let alone cook at home any more! if the media is to be believed nobody does! we all eat out every night, piffle I say !!

comments on what you think would be kinda helpful I am creating blindly here at the moment

4 comments:

  1. I love how your recipe cards have turned out...what a great idea for a present for someone who loves to cook! These are going to be great for Christmas.
    The notebooks are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those notebooks, so Art Nouveau, mmm reminds me of the city of Riga

    x isis

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love those recipe cards, i'd start exchanging recipes if everybody used such cute cards; maybe you can sell a few of them in a little box, ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great idea about the box of cards,might have to get my dad in on the act to make the boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)