Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Blackmans bay beach market

Well I had a fantastic time at the market today meeting up with familiar people and getting to know new ones.

It was lovely to puts some faces to name from blogger as well, It can get a little bit lonely bloggin away knowing like minded people are out there but you don't get to actually talk to them in the flesh so those of you that introduced yourselves thanks for that.

Sales wise I did pretty well better than last time at the beach market, I guess at that stage people were still getting to know about the market and what to expect to find there.
So many compliments and encouragement and people loving the drawings the prints come from and the letterpress.
To top the day off I had my tarot cards read by a clairvoyant named Voola, I had never had it done before and though now is as good a time as any and just for the record I am not going to be struck by lightening anytime soon , phew what a relief!! but seriously she was pretty spot about stuff and the strangest thing was Allan and I chose exactly the same first three cards, she now refers to us as the freaky people lol tell us something we dont know lol

The next beach Market will be the Christmas market and it look like it is going to be a biggy it will run a Friday night and a Saturday from 9am till 2pm i expect the table sizes will be a bit smaller so that more store holder will have the chance to sell .

I have to say Julie Hoddy is doing a fantastic job organising these markets it is alot of work, thanks Julie.

Oh and sorry about the lack of photos of the market as well I just didn't get time to take any but I will get some off someone there that took some and post them asap.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you today and watch you work with that awesome letterpress!
    Hope we can keep in touch and meet up again.
    Voola, now thats a real clairvoyants name, I'd believe everything she told me! Good to know that you can walk in the rain with confidence!

    cheers
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to keep in touch with you guys, I do have to ask though do you have chef at your house? I know its a strange question but I was looking at your other blog and it looks like you do lol reason why I ask is my husband is a chef and your food looks like what Allan would cook!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)