Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mixtape the kids edition

Ruby Victoria letterpress has been feature in the special kids edition of Mixtape zine in conjunction with Mathildas Market
This was a bit of a surprise to me as I didnt know anything about it until I was speaking to Justine so here is the spread pretty nice hu !

Check out Mixtape for lots of handmade inspiration got to either
http://mixtapezineblog.blogspot.com/
or
http://www.mixtapezine.com/

Thank you to Justine of Mixtape ansd Anna of Mathildas xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations Narelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats - that's a great article! glad to have discovered your Etsy shop and included it on my blog. thanks for visiting!! xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise for you. I do love your shop :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone
    I was quite a surprise I feel very chuffed that they like me work enough to put it in their feature
    very special indeed

    Narelle x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)