Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, January 28, 2011

New market for Ruby Victoria Letterpress

With a new market for the year coming up it has been all systems go in the Badalassi house and my little press has really been getting a work out
I am thrilled to be apart of The Makers Market at the Design Center in Launceston this year it is on the 12th of February from 10am-4pm .
There have been only a handful of people chosen to take part in this market, these are designers and makers that are what the Design Center consider to be the best in the state at .what they do and I am very humbled to be part of this group of very talented people.





The market will be held in the court yard at the Design Centre and it is in conjunction with Festivale in city park-which is a big city food and wine festival that happens every year and is a huge day on the the locals social calender in Tasmania.

The second market is on the 13th at the Market in the Masonic hall in Sandy bay road Hobart.


I have been attending this market for a while now and it is always alot of fun and lots of wonderful designers and customers so if you are in Hobart come along and say hi :)



I will have some new product for these markets which will be nice, I will be selling my one of a kind linocut brooches pictured here and some new designs that I have been printing on greeting cards and Moleskin notebooks
I hope you like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)