Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A new product from out of nowhere

I just love it when an idea just eventuate out of nowhere I have been desparing over throwing away prints that have not quite worked out yet are still good enough to be used for something else but until now I didn't know what ! this is what I finally came up with.


I spent the best part of yesterday arvo playing around with the card that the brooches are attached to and I think they have turned out pretty well they are printed on post consumer recycled card with handset letterpress type, some of the letters hasve printed a little bit blurry but I kind of like the imperfections, give it little bit of extra character .


These photos are of just a few of the brooches that I have made they are all different so you will be purchasing a definite one of a kind wearable art brooch.
I will have these for sale at the upcoming markets and at a new store in Salamanca place call Spacebar gallery

I hope you all like them as much as i do !
Narelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)