Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Showing support for Flood effected Queenslanders


We have been sitting here watching the devastation unfolding throughout Queensland due to torrential rain and rising water on the TV over the last couple of day in complete disbelief. and I guess it is easy for us that are not in the way of the floods to feel helpless to really do anything to help these poor souls and their families, but I just figure that if everyone just give a little bit it will equate to alot, this is why I decided to join many of my fellow artists and crafters through out Australia that are holding Auctions of their handy work such as art works, jewelery, books, the list goes on, to show support for the flood disaster relief effort


You can find my Auction on my facebook page **** here**** please bid generously
the People of Queensland really need your support

100% of the money generated from my auction will go directly toward the Flood appeal
thank you for your support
Narelle x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)