Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cygnet folk festival

Last night we had the pleasure of going to see the Tasmanian Heritage fiddlers ensemble at the Cygnet folk festival.The group is headed up by our friends Steve and Marjorie Gadd of Franklin and the group meets every week to hone their skills.


The Tasmanian Heritage Fiddle Ensemble are dedicated to reviving traditional Tasmanian country Dance music and for performing original contemporary Tasmanian folk music.
The brief of this group is to revive a hoard of great lost and over-looked music, to teach Tasmanian musicians to love and revere their own local traditions and to contribute creatively to expanding these traditions.
Last nights concert although way too short was fantastic, they played to a full house and had everyone dancing in their seat and lots of kids up the front.
There is just something about this music that I love it is so contagious, you would have to be a corpse not to feel any joy or have it make your foot tap to the beat from hearing it and I think after last night they might just have converted Allan the total die hard classical listener but when we left he actually admitted to maybe wanting to join this group.

Here is some photos of this fantastic group in action

If you get a chance make sure you catch these guy you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)