Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Craft is the new black on Edge Radio

Tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm I will be having a little talk to Angelica on her radio show
on Edge Radio called Craft is the new black.



I am very excited about being asked to go in and have talk Angelica about
Ruby Victoria letterpress & printmaking the work I do .

It is a relaxed and easy going 1 hour show that endeavors to encourage people to think and talk about craft, and to also inform about what is going on in the art in the local community and who the practitioners are and what they do.

Edge Radio is a community radio station. They have a great website - http://www.edgeradio.org.au/
which includes live streaming - so people all over the world can tune in !


I think it is going to be great fun but I am afraid I am going to come off as a bit of an old dags to the young folk at the Uni where the station is broadcast from, when they ask me what my favorite music is lol
Anyway do tune in and have a bit of a listen I will try to make it entertaining :)
Narelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)