Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, March 27, 2011

A huge sigh of relief

As of this week this building with the
Muir's signwriting on it is going to be my studio space .


rubyvictoria letterpress & printmaking studio by the sea


Yes that is right I have after almost 2 years of searching I have finally found a studio space and it has turned out to be the studio of my dreams right near the sea with a beautiful sea breeze and jetties to sit on and ponder new creative ideas.
A place work and a place to have all of my printing gear at the ready anytime I feel a creative pang hit me.


So Excited my studio space is situated in the top of the building with a water view over looking the Derwent river and the slip yard , there is also apparently a boat builder and a glass blower in the same building but I haven't met them as yet but I am looking forward to it.

Look at all that beautiful natural light


so anyway here is a photo of the studio space inside, all empty and clean and ready for me to fill it with work tables, drying racks paper map draws, cases of type, a type caster (Ludlow) and all the rest of my printing stuff that has been choking up our living space for the past couple of years at home

I can almost hear the house and my family let out a collective sigh of relief all at once :)


This is just a small portion of the caos that is our home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)