Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, November 5, 2010

Today had been another busy one with running around town picking up paper to print on and picking up flyers for my exhibition next week then back home to start printing again.


With all the Christmas Markets approaching It has been mayhem around here with printing and stocking up on products , but it looks to be all coming together nicely and I am really looking forward all the excitement of meeting all the happy shoppers in Launceston at the inaugural Apron designers market at the seaport and in Hobart at Salamanca market ,The Market and the Eastside Makers market , see the right hand column on this blog for detail about these markets



Today I have also been printing my very first bon voyage type card for a lovely customer from South Australia , I really like how these have turned out,I printed them with lead handset type with a lovely big wooden ampersand piece and some cute little ampersand tags that Bron is planning to tie onto little noodle boxes for the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)