Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Handmade Hobart yesterday

I think everyone had a positive day at the market yesterday some familiar faces and new one saying hello
It looked like rain at the beginning of the day but luckily the rain blew over and just left us with a few big gusts of wind that almost created a Dorothy moment for me a couple of time with the new gazebo so I quickly tied it all down nice and secure.I have to admit I really liked having the stalls outside this time around, lots of fresh air and natural sunlight and with all the gazebos that people bought along it actually looked fantastic we even had room for more people to have stalls as we set up in the much larger space at the St Marys Basketball courts.

I hope the ladies at the handmade market will consider taking the stalls outside on a more regular basis in the warmer months it just give the whole thing a much nicer feel I think, but this is just my opinion, I seemed to feel less tired at the end of the day yesterday than when I have done all the other indoor markets ,.anyway I had a lovely day sitting in my new gazebo out of the wind carving my new linos for Mathildas this coming weekend and chatting to people.
This little guy in the photo was creating alot of interest yesterday as I was carving him out, so I thought I'd add a photo here of the finished print Ithink I will print him in red also, what do you all think ?

5 comments:

  1. I like him, serious but quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks a little crazy with one eye bigger than the other, he has a noticeable twitch too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay, you finished him! He looks great. Will he be made into anything do you think? Ex libris cards perhaps? Whatever you decide, he's lovely on his own too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth Yes I was thinking of making him into book plates & I have already printed him inn yellow and dk turquoise on greeting cards
    not sure if I will get the book plates completed by this week though I will see how I go

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)