Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Monday, March 8, 2010

The Mill Providore Gallery reopening in Launceston



I have had some wonderful things happen to me this year already but I would never have thought in a million years that I would receive an email asking if I would like to be one of the Artist to show at the reopening exhibition at the Mill Providore Gallery, formerly Ritchies mill gallery.

Way back when I was still studying Art I would take trips to Launceston alot to visit all the Galleries and artist co ops around Launceston and Ritchies was one of my favourites,
I remember thinking to myself way back then, one day I want to have work here but I thought it would never be, looks like I was wrong !

This gallery has hung work by some of my favourite Tasmanian & Australian artists, one that is still vivid in my mine it John Worseley he was doing an artist in residence stint at the Mill. it was wonderful meet & talk to him about his work it was very exciting to me to see him work.
So this is a real dream come true for me to have my work hung in a space where Kit Hiller, Ray Arnold & Tom Samek have been hung.

The exhibition will open at 3pm on Sunday the 28th of March and will run until the 6th of May

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You most definitely deserve the accolades! I wish I could fly right over! Congratulations again on achieving a dream... even better things are in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Very well done (and deserved!). Will make sure to check it out and spread the word...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! U totally deserve to have your amazing work shown there!! Will have to make a trip up north!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic, just down the road from my house, i will have to pop down and say hi. can you remind me?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)