Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Friday, March 19, 2010

recipe cards have been given a face lift

From this

To this.....

I decided to give my recipe cards a little bit of a face lift
first I changed the type to something a little less heavy and lighter in colour made the edges of the cards a bit more elegant and changed the plain white cotton string to a much nicer blue & white candy strip cotton twine then package in a cellophane bag to protect them
I think with just these few little tweeks to their appearance and these look so much more inviting
what do you all think ?
If you would like to purchase a pack they are available in my Madeit store here

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference a tweak makes... I love what you've done to the edges - that with the lighter print colour works wonders and makes them look that bit more special. The twine does look more elegant than string.

    And I now have to credit you for inspiring me. I've been racking my brain for ways of creatively packaging some covered buttons, hair bobbles and slides for Folksy (UK Etsy) and it's been holding me back from getting them into a shop. I'm thinking that using an index card with some printing over the top on the computer (not as nice as your letterpress) might be what I'm looking for... I've a nice stamp of 'The Shambles' - an ancient York cobbled street - that could work. A visit to the stationer's is in order - and a great excuse to finish work early ;)

    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi emma thanks for stopping by I'm glad I could help with the packaging ideas stationery store are great pleased although very addictive I love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should team up with Rosalie, she just released some recipe note holders.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)