Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Saturday, March 13, 2010

My printmaking collection, No.2 Mariann Johansen-Ellis


Mariann Johansen-Ellis , this amazing lady is the 2nd in my list of artists /printmakers that I adore and am seriously proud to say I have one of her gorgeous prints in my collection.
She lives between Singapore and Spain & my teacup prints will be jetting off to live in Marianns kitchen in Spain ,how nice for them.

A couple of weeks ago I recieved a convo from marianne on Etsy asking if I would be interested in doing a swap with her one of my prints for one of her, I jumped at this right away I have been a fan of Marianne work for sometime and was thrilled that she like my work as much as I liked her.

Mariann creates some of the most beautiful etching and other prints on etsy
Wonderous, Whimsical, Fun, Interesting and just plain Beautiful .

I print that I chose was The daisy tree, this print really spoke to me on a personal level and i wanted it as a reminder of how different my life has become in a more positive way.

I am sure you will love Marianns work as much as I do

You can find her here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/mariannjohansenellis
and here
http://mariann-johansen-ellis.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)