Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pretty little envelopes & business cards




This week has been pretty much taken up with getting rid of the last remaning bit of a very yucky flu, a trip to launceston, filling wholesale orders, returning lots of emails from people I dont know printing business cards ( see photo) and with getting ready for upcoming market.
I have 4 market in the next 3 weeks and I guess it doesnt sound all that scary but I as usual I am doing cartwheels in my mind like that song on the muppets, sang by a funny little blue monster with spining legs, anyway Mathildas has turned out to be the biggest worry as I am not really known for my children orientated wares and I have felt obligate to come up with some new stuff to fill that gap enter my new upcycled envelopes that I have been making out of little golden books I have been buying from the Vinnies stores and I think I have kind of fallen in love with themall over again especially the ones that were printing in the 1960s, the Illustrations are just so beautiful and the paper they are printed on is heavier weight than is used now, even the binding is stronger and better quality I guess it is just a sign of the times .

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love those envelopes - they are so cute, and yes I remember some of the pictures, just loved golden books too !
    Daniele :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there I didnt know you were on blogspot I posted you box of gooodies this morning you should have them by monday of Tuesday
    btw I would love to see some photo of the shop so can post them on here

    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the envelopes!

    i'm dropping into handmade hobart on saturday for a quick squiz, so i'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tameeka it will be great to see you again
    narelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta love little golden books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the envelopes :).I was a big fan of golden books as a child. I have just added you to my twitter too, didn't realise you had a twitter page till now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)