Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Thursday, March 11, 2010

A new print for Mathilda's



Hi everyone I would love some feedback on colours for this one I am planning on printing them on a larger piece of paper and then offer personalised baby details letterpressed on the bottom.
Something like baby's name ,date of birth, weight & length that sort of thing.
If anyone has and ideas of colours that will look great together please leave a message with your ideas
thank
Narelle

4 comments:

  1. I love this Narelle, I have made a print of the same image - but nowhere near as nice as this :) especially as it was a screenprint, and the wheels were a nightmare!

    I'm loving pink and green for girls and deep indigos, reds and whites for boys....like a naval pram!

    P.S. First week in the shop quiet, but lots of comments on your beautiful teacups print

    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Narelle....really love this little pram, I'm not sure about colour selection, but I personally don't like the traditional baby pinks and blues...I like Sal's idea...greens, reds etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sissy
    Yes I want to goes something different mint green with orange type or maybe a blue/grey with orange type

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image! I agree with the hot pink & lime green combo; also love pink & orange, classy greyed-blue & chocolate, burgundy & navy - lots of fun choices. I really like the idea of personalizing... they'd make beautiful "new arrival" announcement cards, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)